Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

deployments are failing - getting a git error

This seems to be the most likely culprit from the logs:

error 11-Jan-2022 22:26:42 Cloning into '_libs/.phpmailer'...
error 11-Jan-2022 22:26:42 fatal: remote error:
error 11-Jan-2022 22:26:42  The unauthenticated git protocol on port 9418 is no longer supported.
error 11-Jan-2022 22:26:42 Please see https://github.blog/2021-09-01-improving-git-protocol-security-github/ for more information.
error 11-Jan-2022 22:26:42 fatal: clone of 'git://github.com/Synchro/PHPMailer.git' into submodule path '_libs/.phpmailer' failed
error 11-Jan-2022 22:26:42 Failed to recurse into submodule path 'www.website.com/.common'

I note that the server hosting Bamboo has a quite old version of git installed. git 2.7.4. None-the-less I thought I'd see if I could reproduce the problem. If the problem could be reproduced, I thought to myself, maybe I could test to see if a newer version of git would solve it. BUT when I did git clone on the main repo, which has a submodule that has git://github.com/Synchro/PHPMailer.git as a submodule, I got the following error:

Cloning into 'reponame'...
The authenticity of host 'bitbucket.org (104.192.141.1)' can't be established.
RSA key fingerprint is SHA256:zzXQOXSRBEiUtuE8AikJYKwbHaxvSc0ojez9YXaGp1A.
Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)? yes
Warning: Permanently added 'bitbucket.org,104.192.141.1' (RSA) to the list of known hosts.
Permission denied (publickey).
fatal: Could not read from remote repository.

This suggests to me that Bamboo isn't doing git clone on the host OS. Like maybe it's doing git clone in a Docker container or something instead (altho sudo docker ps didn't show any docker containers running). ie. even if I got the git clone working in the host OS it doesn't necessarily follow that it'd start magically working in Bamboo.

I'm running Bamboo 6.10.4 build 61009 - 21 Nov 19.

Any ideas?

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bamboo

Bamboo Data Center 8.1 is now available

G’day Bamboo customers, Bamboo DC 8.1 is now available with it the following features and programs: SAML 2.0, OpenID Connect, and Crowd SSO In order to help admins with a simplified user manage...

164 views 0 4
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you