custom.p4.revision.number bad substituion?

Cameron Ferguson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 31, 2011

I can't find anything for this variable "${bamboo.custom.p4.revision.number}. On the documentation it mentions that it's a "plugin" type of variable, but what plugin? I can't find anything regarding how to gain access to this variable. I might just be blind. Thanks in advance!

EDIT:

The original question was answered, but it's not the problem I am having. I can not access the custom.p4.revision.number variable. I get a "bad substitution" error

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 31, 2011

It's provided by VCS Version Reader Plugin, which is bundled with Bamboo. You should be able to access it without any additional work if your plan uses Perforce VCS.

Cameron Ferguson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 31, 2011

I have verified that we do that plugin, and it is enabled. However I can not access the variable. I keep getting a bad substituion error. Other variables work just fine.

Cameron Ferguson
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 1, 2011

going to bump this post up, still looking for an answer. Thanks!

Cameron Ferguson
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 3, 2011

We opened up a formal support ticket on this issue. There have been a few back and forth responses so far with no resolution yet... Once we figure out what the problem is I will respond with an answer.

PiotrA
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 3, 2011

Is it possible that the Job using that variable has no Source Code Checkout task?

Cameron Ferguson
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 3, 2011

Wow... Piotr you are correct. I had the variable being used in a job that was concurrent with a job that was doing the perforce pull under the same stage... as soon as I tied them to the same job with different tasks.. it substitutes correctly. Makes total sense as to why it didn't work now. I may be the only one that had ever had an issue with this, but maybe if others have the same problem a bit more clarification could be added to the documentation, unless I am the only person who would have made this mistake...

Been fighting this problem all week. I appreciate it! Thanks again.

PiotrA
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 6, 2011

Definitely you aren't alone having this issue: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-10091 . :)

cheers,

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events