create release for deployment

Using Bamboo 5.0 for deployment (New deploy functionality).

Issue: Unable to deploy when we click deploy for environment.

1) When I click deploy, it says "You do not have any releases yet. Please create one first."

2) Once I click "Please create one first" or "create release", it throws an error saying "No build result available. You cannot create a release yet. You first need artifacts to be available from a successful run of [Project]"

Before these two steps, i created a build plan with artifacts shared and I have a build0005 created in in artifacts directory. I try to use these artifacts (created in build part) in deployment project to create the environment and then deploy. I created two maven tasks in the deploy environment and then tried to deploy.

Let me know if I am doing it wrong or what i need to run the deploy environment tasks properly.

Thanks.

4 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

I know this isn't the answer you want to hear but can you upgrade? I'm running v5.2 (I know it's not the highest) but I'm running deployment projects without artifacts because I store my artifacts offsite and don't let Bamboo control them.

Thanks for looking into it. Does this functionality not work properly in 5.0? I still need to figure out in our group if we can upgrade.

I don't have a v5.0 site anymore, I don't remember and I only started doing that in v5.2 so I haven't tried it in v5.0.

I have the same issue running v6.3.1 where it shows this error:

No build result available.

You cannot create a release yet. You first need artifacts to be available from a successful run of [Project] – [branch]"

Were you able to resolve this issue? Interestingly I can create the release fine being a global admin user, but my colleague who seems to have full admin permissions for the project, deployment project, and deployment environment is getting this error.

Frederik,

I experienced the same Issue, and it turned out to be some Build Plans permissions missing.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

91 views 1 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you