cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create release for deployment

Sri
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 5, 2014

Using Bamboo 5.0 for deployment (New deploy functionality).

Issue: Unable to deploy when we click deploy for environment.

1) When I click deploy, it says "You do not have any releases yet. Please create one first."

2) Once I click "Please create one first" or "create release", it throws an error saying "No build result available. You cannot create a release yet. You first need artifacts to be available from a successful run of [Project]"

Before these two steps, i created a build plan with artifacts shared and I have a build0005 created in in artifacts directory. I try to use these artifacts (created in build part) in deployment project to create the environment and then deploy. I created two maven tasks in the deploy environment and then tried to deploy.

Let me know if I am doing it wrong or what i need to run the deploy environment tasks properly.

Thanks.

4 answers

1 vote
Frederik February 19, 2018

I have the same issue running v6.3.1 where it shows this error:

No build result available.

You cannot create a release yet. You first need artifacts to be available from a successful run of [Project] – [branch]"

Were you able to resolve this issue? Interestingly I can create the release fine being a global admin user, but my colleague who seems to have full admin permissions for the project, deployment project, and deployment environment is getting this error.

lstlaurent May 16, 2018

Frederik,

I experienced the same Issue, and it turned out to be some Build Plans permissions missing.

Emil Georgiev
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 11, 2018

We have the same issue too (seems to be a common one). Would have been very helpful if the actual missing permissions have been reported here too.

0 votes
Jason Monsorno
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2014

I don't have a v5.0 site anymore, I don't remember and I only started doing that in v5.2 so I haven't tried it in v5.0.

0 votes
Sri
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 5, 2014

Thanks for looking into it. Does this functionality not work properly in 5.0? I still need to figure out in our group if we can upgrade.

0 votes
Jason Monsorno
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2014

I know this isn't the answer you want to hear but can you upgrade? I'm running v5.2 (I know it's not the highest) but I'm running deployment projects without artifacts because I store my artifacts offsite and don't let Bamboo control them.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events