com.atlassian.bamboo.task.TaskException: Error while creating temporary file for script

T Pradeep Kumar December 20, 2020
com.atlassian.bamboo.task.TaskException: Error while creating temporary file for script
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.plugin.dotnet.msbuild.MsBuildTaskType.createResponseFile(MsBuildTaskType.java:157)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.plugin.dotnet.msbuild.MsBuildTaskType.execute(MsBuildTaskType.java:72)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.task.TaskExecutorImpl.lambda$executeTasks$3(TaskExecutorImpl.java:323)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.task.TaskExecutorImpl.executeTaskWithPrePostActions(TaskExecutorImpl.java:258)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.task.TaskExecutorImpl.executeTasks(TaskExecutorImpl.java:323)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.task.TaskExecutorImpl.execute(TaskExecutorImpl.java:118)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.build.pipeline.tasks.ExecuteBuildTask.call(ExecuteBuildTask.java:73)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.v2.build.agent.DefaultBuildAgent.executeBuildPhase(DefaultBuildAgent.java:190)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.v2.build.agent.DefaultBuildAgent.build(DefaultBuildAgent.java:162)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.v2.build.agent.BuildAgentControllerImpl.lambda$waitAndPerformBuild$0(BuildAgentControllerImpl.java:137)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.variable.CustomVariableContextImpl.withVariableSubstitutor(CustomVariableContextImpl.java:118)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.v2.build.agent.BuildAgentControllerImpl.waitAndPerformBuild(BuildAgentControllerImpl.java:130)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.v2.build.agent.DefaultBuildAgent.lambda$start$0(DefaultBuildAgent.java:110)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.utils.BambooRunnables$1.run(BambooRunnables.java:48)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.security.ImpersonationHelper.runWith(ImpersonationHelper.java:26)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.security.ImpersonationHelper.runWithSystemAuthority(ImpersonationHelper.java:17)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.security.ImpersonationHelper$1.run(ImpersonationHelper.java:41)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Access is denied
	at java.io.WinNTFileSystem.createFileExclusively(Native Method)
	at java.io.File.createTempFile(Unknown Source)
	at java.io.File.createTempFile(Unknown Source)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.plugin.dotnet.msbuild.MsBuildTaskType.createResponseFile(MsBuildTaskType.java:150)
	... 17 more

How to resolve this issue please. when i used msbuild in task i am getting like this after build.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 20, 2020

The line that says 

java.io.IOException: Access is denied

is the important one - the agent is being prevented from creating a file.  It might be out of space on the disk, but the most likely culprit is that it does not have the permissions to use the directory or files it is trying to use. 

I am having space, i am not understanding how to resolve this. can you please explain me clearly. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 20, 2020

You'll need to correct the permissions on the directories and files the build is trying to use.

i given full permissions, please guide.image.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 20, 2020

Then you'll need to check the operating system logs - you need to find out why it is not letting the build agent have access to the files it is trying to create and update.

This is not a front-end Bamboo problem, you are going to need to fix whatever it is on the build server that is stopping the agent accessing the files.

image.pngIn MsBuild i given like this,is there any mistakes and settings avaialbe?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 20, 2020

The MsBuild settings are not the issue.  You need to look at why the Bamboo Agent is being denied access to the files by the operating system.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events