Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'cmd' is not recognized as an internal or external command for the serviceid/poweruser in deployig

solairajan_shanmugam February 19, 2020
'cmd' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
19-Feb-2020 23:24:56operable program or batch file.
19-Feb-2020 23:24:56Failing task since return code of [C:\Program Files\apache-maven-3.6.3\bin\mvn.cmd clean install -Djava.awt.headless=true -Dsqlapp=D:\BambooAgent\xml-data\build-dir\492896369-492765792 -Dsqlbuild=build_info -Dsqlenv=-Dsqldb= -Dsurefire.suiteXmlFiles=src/test/java/anthem/MSSQL.xml] was 1 while expected 0
19-Feb-2020 23:24:56Finished task 'MSSQL_deployment' with result: Failed
19-Feb-2020 23:24:56Skipping execution of task 'Testing_Maven_Run' as it is disabled
19-Feb-2020 23:24:56Skipping execution of task 'Testing' as it is disabled
19-Feb-2020 23:24:56Finalising the build...
19-Feb-2020 23:24:56Stopping timer.
19-Feb-2020 23:24:56Build 492896369-492765792-502928082 completed.
19-Feb-2020 23:24:56Finished processing deployment result Deployment of 'release-11' on 'STAGING'

1 answer

0 votes
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 20, 2020

Hi  @solairajan_shanmugam,

Welcome to the Community!

What version of Bamboo are you currently running?  I ask because the only time I have seen an error like this is after our IT team installs Windows updates that add a user defined path environment variable which overrides the system defined path variable so Bamboo agents aren't capable of finding the cmd command anymore.  The defect is listed here https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-16205, but it has been fixed in version 6.10.2.

If you are indeed running into the same issue I described the workaround is to remove the user defined path environment variable and your builds should work again.

I hope that helps!

-Jimmy

solairajan_shanmugam February 20, 2020

My agent version is 6.9.1. Do I need to uninstall my old version and need to install latest one? I tried your workaround by deleting the local environment variable. Same error. I tried Regedit too no results. Please provide me the steps to upgrade the agent or workaround in detail steps

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 20, 2020

@solairajan_shanmugam unfortunately, you can upgrade just one agent.  You need to update the Bamboo server and the agents will be updated automatically as a part of connecting to the Server after the upgrade.

If you want to go the route of upgrading the server that process is documented here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamboo/bamboo-upgrade-guide-720411366.html

However, if  the workaround didn't work for you, I'm not sure that upgrading will necessarily resolve your issue either.

Are you able to test if this runs on any other agents?

solairajan_shanmugam February 25, 2020

I tried both a way by bamboo remote agent properties log on as local user and serviceid. Both a solution I am facing “'cmd' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.” Same plan working in different agent. But not in newly enabled server.

Windows server 2016. Please let me know any other information you required.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events