Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can the value of bamboo.planRepository.<position>.branch be changed?

Mihail Nistor April 2, 2022

The bamboo plan has more Linked repositories. The default branch for repositories is develop branch.  I would like to reuse this plan to verify the changes in other branches (e.g. feature/bug branches). The first branch (bamboo.planRepository.1..branch) is updated automatically by bamboo, but the rest keep the original configuration (default branch). I would like to update the branch for the rest of linked repositories by setting bamboo.planRepository.<position>.branch variable. I can set manually the bamboo plan that was created for a specific branch.

I have tried to set the bamboo.planRepository.<position>.branch by using REST API, but without success.

curl -u <user>:<password> -X POST "https://<bamboo_name>/rest/api/latest/queue/<bamboo_plankey>/?\

bamboo.variable.bamboo.planRepository.1.branch=<new_name1>&\

bamboo.variable.bamboo.planRepository.2.branch=<new_name2>&\

I could manage to change the other custom variables defined in bamboo plan.

It seems that the bamboo.planRepository.<position>.branch is read only. Is there any other way to dynamically select the branches names ?

1 answer

0 votes
Mihail Nistor April 11, 2022

Hello dear support team,

The support on UI was added to override branch of a linked repository (see more at BAM-16101), but we cannot do it by using REST API.

I hope this will help you to provide a solution for this issue.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events