can I specify on which agent to run a plan?

Saša Gaberšek December 14, 2017

While in a testing phase, it is helpful to re-run only segments of a plan. In my example, the initial stages are more time consuming, but they are mature and run without problems. I disable them to speed up the testing phase, hopefully addressing only the later parts of the plan. So far so good. The problem I am encountering is using multiple agents. If my plan crashes on agent 1, I make some changes and re-run it, there is no guarantee that it will run on agent 1. If it is launched on agent 2, there is no history of the previously successfully completed stages/jobs. The physical location on disk is different:

bamboo-agent-home for agent 1

and

bamboo-agent-home2 for agent 2.

With only two agents, I get 50% chance of hitting the right one. I cannot imagine having more agents...

Is there a way to specify the agent I want to use? In the past I used the admin setting to disable one agent. It only worked because no-one else was using bamboo at the same time.

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2017
Saša Gaberšek December 15, 2017

Thank you, I got it working.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events