Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bower is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file

Tonya_Green April 23, 2019

My bamboo jobs fail with the following....

"'bower' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file' " This should be so easy. 

Coming from a site recovery, I have an issue with Bower configuration. After running an npm install bower -g (global), the agent still can't find it. 

I added the (bamboo agent) user directory "AppData\roaming\npm to the system path as the last resort which I will reboot the server after business hours for path change to take effect. 

Any other ideas? 

1 answer

0 votes
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2019

Hi Tonya,

My first recommendation would be to eliminate Bamboo from the equation and make sure that you can run a bower command such as checking the version from a command prompt/terminal on the server.

If that works, the next step would be to look at the build plan itself.  What type of task is it failing on?  If it's a script task, what type of shell is it trying to run the script in? If it's an NPM task is the correct npm executable path being loaded?

NodeEXE.JPG

You can define Agent specific paths for the location of executables, I've run into this in the past when setting up a new remote machine where the person who installed everything didn't do so in the same location that we use elsewhere so I needed to provide an agent specific path for the same executable.

Just some thoughts.

Hope that helps!

-James

Tonya_Green April 24, 2019

We are running a script task which executes "bower install" under the build working directory of the build src. 

It yields error.

'bower' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

I will reboot tonight to see if the path addition to the path variable resolves the issue. Let me know if you any other ideas. 

Tonya_Green April 24, 2019

shell inline script task we are using. 

Tonya_Green April 25, 2019

After adding the path locations of bower executable and rebooting, the agent was able to run bower jobs successfully. Thanks so much. 

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 25, 2019

Awesome! Glad you were able to sort out the problem! 

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 25, 2019

Awesome!

Glad you were able to sort out the problem!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events