Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

batch.css / batch.js:1 Failed to load resource - 404 (Not Found)

Hello, I have installed Bamboo 7.1.2 using MySQL on a Linux server (Ubuntu 18). The instance is secured behind nginx using SSL. I can access the site and have been able to set it up through the initial wizard. 

However, the site is not loading its style and JS scripts, concretely these two: batch.css and batch.js.

Both are not found by the Chrome browser, which shows a 404 (not found) error when it tries to locate the above files from the following paths (BASE_URL should be replaced by the real domain):

BASE_URL/s/22339b840a686a652eda9cb945eaefe7-CDN/70119/1/ae711dd0dea2627fc013ff31d7536b2e/_/download/contextbatch/css/aui,atl.admin,-_super/batch.css?healthcheck-resources=true
BASE_URL/s/4f2a819378a916c3871918a0b64209dc-CDN/70119/1/ae711dd0dea2627fc013ff31d7536b2e/_/download/contextbatch/js/aui,atl.admin,-_super/batch.js?healthcheck-resources=true&locale=en

Without having the above properly loaded, I can barely do anything on the site (see attachment).

Could somebody help me solving this issue, please? 

Thanks

Bamboo_no_style.png

1 answer

0 votes
Danyal Iqbal Community Leader Nov 04, 2020

do you see the same error when bypassing the proxy server e.g over localhost`?

Hi @Danyal Iqbal 

Thanks for your reply.

I need the proxy server running at all times, so I guess I can't test your suggestion. When I first run Bamboo without securing it behind nginx, I could not access it at all with the default url:

http://BASE_URL:8085

After I linked it with nginx, I had access to it.

Your comment has lead me to the following chat regarding nginx not serving static files: https://stackoverflow.com/a/23780906

Do you think this is the solution to the problem?

location ~* /bamboo/\.(js|jpg|png|css)$ {
    root path/to/bamboo-install/;
    expires 365d;
}

Update: 

I have tried by adding to nginx:

location ~* /bamboo/\.(js|jpg|png|css)$ {
    root path/to/bamboo-install/;
    expires 365d;
}

But it does not fix the issue.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bamboo

Bamboo Data Center is here!

G’day Bamboo customers, The wait is over! Bamboo Data Center edition you have been asking for is finally here! This self-managed enterprise offering of Bamboo has the resilience, reliability, and s...

516 views 1 17
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you