Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

batch.css / batch.js:1 Failed to load resource - 404 (Not Found)

D J November 4, 2020

Hello, I have installed Bamboo 7.1.2 using MySQL on a Linux server (Ubuntu 18). The instance is secured behind nginx using SSL. I can access the site and have been able to set it up through the initial wizard. 

However, the site is not loading its style and JS scripts, concretely these two: batch.css and batch.js.

Both are not found by the Chrome browser, which shows a 404 (not found) error when it tries to locate the above files from the following paths (BASE_URL should be replaced by the real domain):

BASE_URL/s/22339b840a686a652eda9cb945eaefe7-CDN/70119/1/ae711dd0dea2627fc013ff31d7536b2e/_/download/contextbatch/css/aui,atl.admin,-_super/batch.css?healthcheck-resources=true
BASE_URL/s/4f2a819378a916c3871918a0b64209dc-CDN/70119/1/ae711dd0dea2627fc013ff31d7536b2e/_/download/contextbatch/js/aui,atl.admin,-_super/batch.js?healthcheck-resources=true&locale=en

Without having the above properly loaded, I can barely do anything on the site (see attachment).

Could somebody help me solving this issue, please? 

Thanks

Bamboo_no_style.png

1 answer

0 votes
Danyal Iqbal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 4, 2020

do you see the same error when bypassing the proxy server e.g over localhost`?

D J November 4, 2020

Hi @Danyal Iqbal 

Thanks for your reply.

I need the proxy server running at all times, so I guess I can't test your suggestion. When I first run Bamboo without securing it behind nginx, I could not access it at all with the default url:

http://BASE_URL:8085

After I linked it with nginx, I had access to it.

Your comment has lead me to the following chat regarding nginx not serving static files: https://stackoverflow.com/a/23780906

Do you think this is the solution to the problem?

location ~* /bamboo/\.(js|jpg|png|css)$ {
    root path/to/bamboo-install/;
    expires 365d;
}
D J November 5, 2020

Update: 

I have tried by adding to nginx:

location ~* /bamboo/\.(js|jpg|png|css)$ {
    root path/to/bamboo-install/;
    expires 365d;
}

But it does not fix the issue.