- users:
- administrator
groups:
- group_name
permissions:
- view
- deploy

but I'm getting the error below:

Bamboo YAML import failed: Document structure is incorrect: deployment: Element is of wrong type. Expected MapNode, found StringNode

How I solve this problem? because in the documentation say fo create in different documents.

I tried putting in the same document and get other error:

Bamboo YAML import failed: Invalid format of the YAML file: mapping values are not allowed here
 in 'reader', line 94, column 24:
    environment-permissions:
                           ^

1 answer

0 votes
Rafael Pinto Sperafico
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 30, 2019

Hi @[deleted] ,

It is important to notice that Bamboo Specs YAML Version 2.0 was introduced in Bamboo v6.9 as described in https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamboo/bamboo-6-9-release-notes-969521942.html.

If you are running Bamboo v6.9 or above, then the 1st error:

Bamboo YAML import failed: Document structure is incorrect: deployment: Element is of wrong type. Expected MapNode, found StringNode

relates to a deployment without a name:

---
version: 2
deployment: DEPLOYMENT NAME

Please, refer to Bamboo YAML documentation https://docs.atlassian.com/bamboo-specs-docs/6.9.0/specs.html?yaml#deployment-permissions as it provides you with more information on how to set up Deployment and Environment permissions.

Then, the subsequent error:

Bamboo YAML import failed: Invalid format of the YAML file: mapping values are not allowed here
 in 'reader', line 94, column 24:
    environment-permissions:
                           ^

Relates to a missing part in the documentation where deployment-permissions must be declared. Therefore, you should be running the following instead:

---
version: 2
deployment: DEPLOYMENT NAME

deployment-permissions:
- users:
- admin

environment-permissions:
- Test:
- users:
- admin

I have commented on this missing information internally and it should be amended in the documentation soon.

Kind regards,
Rafael

Rafael Pinto Sperafico
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 30, 2019

Hi @[deleted] ,

As mentioned previously, you can find the issue reported on https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-20652 - Bamboo Specs YAML documentation must inform required properties.

Please, feel free to add any comments to the link mentioned or in this thread in case something is missing.

Kind regards,
Rafael

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events