bamboo docker image question

Takashi Matsuzawa July 9, 2015

I played with bamboo/docker a few days, and I wonder whether the below should work?

1. A bamboo plan is configured and it uses image my-remote.com:5000/my-repository:latest
  2. my-remote.com:5000/my-repository:latest is updated from my PC.
  3. Run the 1) plan.

The problem I see, is that at 3, updated image is not being used.  Instead, image from the previous build (before remote registry update) seems to be used.

I wonder it this is an expected behavior or some problem in our bamboo/docker's configuration.  And, if the behavior is an expected one, which is the workaround to force bamboo plan to use updated image from remote repositry?

2 answers

1 vote
Takashi Matsuzawa July 13, 2015

Thanks, yes, but bamboo’s ‘Docker configuration’ setting page only provides the choice of one of the following 3.

Command:
“Build a Docker immage”
“Run a Docker container”
“Push a Docker image to a Docker registry”

I wonder if I need to do “pull” outside of this ‘Docker configuration’

Xabier Davila July 13, 2015

That's one of the reasons why I don't like the docker task. I'd rather do everything in a script that I have full control off and that I can put in version control, rather than fill boxes in a web form.

0 votes
Xabier Davila July 13, 2015

You should be able to run the up-to-date image is, as a first step in 1), you do 

docker pull my-remote:5000/my-repository:latest

If you just do a docker run, docker will check in your cached images, and it will not check your registry for a more up to date image.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events