bamboo docker image question

I played with bamboo/docker a few days, and I wonder whether the below should work?

1. A bamboo plan is configured and it uses image my-remote.com:5000/my-repository:latest
  2. my-remote.com:5000/my-repository:latest is updated from my PC.
  3. Run the 1) plan.

The problem I see, is that at 3, updated image is not being used.  Instead, image from the previous build (before remote registry update) seems to be used.

I wonder it this is an expected behavior or some problem in our bamboo/docker's configuration.  And, if the behavior is an expected one, which is the workaround to force bamboo plan to use updated image from remote repositry?

2 answers

You should be able to run the up-to-date image is, as a first step in 1), you do 

docker pull my-remote:5000/my-repository:latest

If you just do a docker run, docker will check in your cached images, and it will not check your registry for a more up to date image.

Thanks, yes, but bamboo’s ‘Docker configuration’ setting page only provides the choice of one of the following 3.

Command:
“Build a Docker immage”
“Run a Docker container”
“Push a Docker image to a Docker registry”

I wonder if I need to do “pull” outside of this ‘Docker configuration’

That's one of the reasons why I don't like the docker task. I'd rather do everything in a script that I have full control off and that I can put in version control, rather than fill boxes in a web form.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Renan Battaglin
Published May 18, 2017 in Bamboo

FAQ: How to Upgrade Bamboo Server

Bamboo 5.9 will no longer be supported after June 12, 2017. What does this mean? As part of our End of Life policy, Atlassian supports major versions for two years after the first major iteratio...

1,087 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot