bamboo docker image question

I played with bamboo/docker a few days, and I wonder whether the below should work?

1. A bamboo plan is configured and it uses image my-remote.com:5000/my-repository:latest
  2. my-remote.com:5000/my-repository:latest is updated from my PC.
  3. Run the 1) plan.

The problem I see, is that at 3, updated image is not being used.  Instead, image from the previous build (before remote registry update) seems to be used.

I wonder it this is an expected behavior or some problem in our bamboo/docker's configuration.  And, if the behavior is an expected one, which is the workaround to force bamboo plan to use updated image from remote repositry?

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

You should be able to run the up-to-date image is, as a first step in 1), you do 

docker pull my-remote:5000/my-repository:latest

If you just do a docker run, docker will check in your cached images, and it will not check your registry for a more up to date image.

This widget could not be displayed.

Thanks, yes, but bamboo’s ‘Docker configuration’ setting page only provides the choice of one of the following 3.

Command:
“Build a Docker immage”
“Run a Docker container”
“Push a Docker image to a Docker registry”

I wonder if I need to do “pull” outside of this ‘Docker configuration’

That's one of the reasons why I don't like the docker task. I'd rather do everything in a script that I have full control off and that I can put in version control, rather than fill boxes in a web form.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

272 views 1 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you