Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bamboo-capabilities.properties file possible edge case with space in type

Brent P March 11, 2022

On a bamboo agent, I am trying to define visual studio as a capability in the bamboo-capabilities.properties file

properties file.PNG

However, the space between visual and studio is causing it to not be picked up properly in the capabilities section of the agent. I cannot figure out a way to include the space in the properties file.

I also know the space is required. When configuring the agent through the menu on bamboo, visual studio has a space in it

manual capability.PNG

And when you add the capability to the agent, it appears as it should

end result.PNG

The top capability is the one added through the menu, and the bottom one is added from the bamboo-capabilities.properties file

I looked through the documentation of bamboo-capabilities.properties, and I did not see an example of setting a capability in the file with a type that has a space in it. If there is no way to configure visual studio as a capability in the properties file, this may be worthy of a ticket

1 answer

0 votes
Eduardo Alvarenga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 11, 2022

Hello @Brent P,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Please check the following KB that instructs how to export the capabilities list in the adequate format:

You don't have to necessarily run the export, instead, check for the listed examples that would contain spaces on its path.

Regards,

Eduardo Alvarenga
Atlassian Support APAC

Brent P March 14, 2022

Hello,

So in the page you sent me, there is no example of a system.builder.<executable type>.<executable label>=<executable path> where the <executable type> has a space included

Eduardo Alvarenga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 14, 2022

Hello @Brent P

Visual Studio executable type will default to "system.builder.devenv.label". The executable types are hardcoded and cannot be customised.

It is recommended that you run the API calls to extract the information from the UI and then use the output to create the capabilities file.

Regards,

Eduardo Alvarenga
Atlassian Support APAC

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events