Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bamboo-agent.cfg.xml is corrupted

guy moore August 25, 2015

the size of my bamboo-agent.cfg.xml file is 364 bytes, the same size on 2 other machines,

but is filled with binary stuff.

The agent does not start up. here's a snippet in the log file:

Caused by: org.apache.commons.configuration.ConfigurationException: Content is not allowed in prolog.

many other lines of errors in the log.

How does one recreate a bamboo-agent.cfg.xml, namely the 2 sections of:

<agentUuid>XXXXXX</agentUuid>
<id>2222222</id>

1 answer

0 votes
rverschoor
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 31, 2015

Look for the atlassian-bamboo-agent.log file, in the same directory as the bamboo-agent.cfg.xml file.
Search for loglines that mention "UUID", as they will show the "agentUuid" to use.
It should look like "12345678-abcd-abcd-abcd-1234567890ab". 

Then search for the text "Agent ???????? checking build queue" where ???????? is the "id" you can use.

Instead of the atlassian-bamboo-agent.log file, you can also check the logs/atlassian-bamboo.log file.

If this fails, just delete the remote agent's home directory and start the agent, it will re-create the home directory including the bamboo-agent.cfg.xml file.

Mahesh September 13, 2019

Thanks rene for the info. In my case i have observed that installing agent do create a bamboo-agent-cfg.xml file but do not generate the ID. The UUID is created though. Please let me know if i am missing anything.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events