artifact

rima December 15, 2014

Hi all smile

I have a question about artifacts configuration; I'm working with automatic build using code source files from SVN. Rq: all the tasks I used in Bamboo are DOS scripts.

After a successful build, I configured Artifacts by putting /*.BIN in the Copy pattern field.

the generated file (BIN file) is located under my workspace (c:\workspace\Bin) that's why I modified the bamboo.artifacts.directory in bamboo.cfg.xml file by: "<property name="bamboo.artifacts.directory">C:\workspace</property>", and I putted "Bin" under  in the bamboo artifact definition;

However, after correctly building the project, I found in the log file the following line: "Unable to publish artifact [XXXXXX]: null" and there is no generated artifact.

Could someone help me please !!

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
rsperafico
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 16, 2014

Hello Rima,

Thank you for your update.

Previously, you have mentioned you had modified the bamboo.artifacts.directory in bamboo.cfg.xml file by: "<property name="bamboo.artifacts.directory">C:\workspace</property>". After doing the changes, have you stopped and started Bamboo in order to the changes be applied? Based on the screenshot you have provided, the artifacts are being generated under ...administrateur\bamboo-home\artifacts\... and not C:\workspace as you have mentioned.

Could you go to "Bamboo administration >> System >> System Information >> Bamboo paths" and check what is the current location set up to Artifacts directory, please.

Could you go to the http(s)://<bamboo-base-url>/browse/CB-TRIAL-10 and open the build log generated. In the second line you should find Build working directory is... . Could you open the location provided and make sure the BIN\*.bin  that you are referring as Artifact can be found under C:\<bamboo-home>\xml-data\build-dir\<buildKey>\. As a result you would have C:\<bamboo-home>\xml-data\build-dir\<buildKey>\BIN\*.bin

Kind regards,
Rafael P. Sperafico
Atlassian Support

0 votes
rima December 16, 2014

Hi Rafael; smile

It's working laugh

I changed my working directory to the predefined path of Bamboo. And after a successful build, artifacts are generated.

Thanks a lot for your help

0 votes
rima December 16, 2014

Hi Rafael; smile

I thank you very much for your quick response,

I tried to apply what you said by I have always the same response in the log file: Unable to publish artifact [MyArtifact]: null!!

I don't really know what shall I do with this; is there any configuration to make with Bamboo?

Here I find folders that should contain the artifacts for every build, created automatically; but unfortunately they are empty sad

Nouvelle imaddge.bmp

0 votes
rsperafico
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 16, 2014

Hello Rima,

Thank you for your question.

I would kindly suggest you creating a new Plan and setting it up with a Script task with the following:

md SAMPLE
echo "foo" &gt; BIN/bar.txt

This will generate the SAMPLE/bar.txt under the build directory (i.e.: C:\<bamboo-home>\xml-data\build-dir\<buildKey>) which will be used to create our Artifact.

Please, go to "Plan configuration >> <stage> >> Artifacts" tab and set it up as per following:

Name: MyArtifact
Copy pattern: *.txt
[x] Shared

Run this build and you will find the artifact generated under C:\<bamboo-home>\artifacts.

If you find this answer useful, I would kindly ask you to accept it so the same will be visible to others who might be facing the same issue you have inquired.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,
Rafael P. Sperafico
Atlassian Support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events