adding CMake capability to Bamboo

Is there an example on how to add CMake capability to Bamboo? it is not as simple as providing the full path to cmake i.e. if we have the source under /home/test/code/myproject then the cmake command would be executed at directory level "code" like this:

rm -rf build_debug; mkdir build_debug; cd build_debug; cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug ../myproject; make

I don't see how this can be fit as part of the Capability Type Executable ... any ideas?

1 answer

1 vote

you either need to make it a script and provide it on your agents or put it into an inline script task and Bamboo will make sure it's available everywhere.

Thank you for your answer but me being a newcomer to Bamboo it would be nicer if you could decipher a bit the details of your answer e.g. what do you mean with "provide it [a script] on your agents"? what is an "inline script task"? I could not find anything named as such in the Bamboo Administration and settings anywhere.

Actually the script taks is described here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMBOO/Script

but can't find such thing on my Bamboo installation. I can't find any tasks definitions anywhere only Add capability: Executable but this is NOT a script, e.g. if I place a bash script the commands will fail e.g. `source /opt/intel/bin/compilervars.sh intel64` will fail with error `source: not found`

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Organizing your space just got easier - Page Tree Drag & Drop is here

Hi Community! I’m Elaine, Confluence Product Manager. You may have read my earlier post about page tree in space navigation sidebar. I'm excited to share another improvement that helps you organize ...

148 views 3 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you