Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working example for Bamboo CLI-Plugin?

V April 7, 2014

I'm trying to use the CLI-Plugin for Bamboo, using the examples as seen here https://bobswift.atlassian.net/wiki/display/BCLI/Examplesbut can't get it to work. When I run the job, I get the following error:

simple	08-Apr-2014 14:54:41	Requested action: bamboo --action queueBuild --build "BAC-MDMAS"  --wait 
simple	08-Apr-2014 14:54:41	Action exit code: PARAMETER_PROBLEM
simple	08-Apr-2014 14:54:41	Action output: 
simple	08-Apr-2014 14:54:41	
simple	08-Apr-2014 14:54:41	Error: Unexpected argument: bamboo
simple	08-Apr-2014 14:54:41	Error: Parameter 'server' is required.
simple	08-Apr-2014 14:54:41	Error: Parameter 'password' is required.

Are there some examples somewhere, that actually show me how to use the plugin in a way that works?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 7, 2014

The examples referenced assume that you are running from a command line and have customized the bamboo script to include your server and credentials so you do not need to repeat them all the time. See the instructions at the top of the page for links on how to do that for command line support. Alternatively or when used as part of a CLI plugin script: add the server, user, and password parameters appropriate for your installation. BCLIP-15 is an improvement request when using this in the plugin to provide a way to reference configured settings to avoid repeating the same information for each use.

V April 8, 2014

And is there a way to have more than one command in a single CLI-Plugin task?

V April 8, 2014

Is there a way to add the server, user and password in a way, that it doesn't have to be added for every command, when using a CLI plugin inline-script?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events