Work from Linux Bamboo server to execute PowerShell script on remote Windows server

Hi,

1. Will PowerShell Task work on Linux Bamboo server?
  2. Will it be able to execute commands on a remote Windows server either by inline commands or executing a script that is on the remote server?

thanks,

Chris

3 answers

1) If you have Windows Bamboo Agents, you can use them to run PowerShell scripts within a build regardless of the OS of the Bamboo Server itself.

2) Are you trying to run PowerShell scripts on a remote computer other than a Bamboo Agent?  Like as part of a deployment?  That should be possible use the SSH task or something like that.

The two agents are both local, so, no, they would have to be linux since this Bamboo instance is on linux. So it appears I would need to have a remote agent on the Windows server where I could use "PowerShell" task, or use an SSH task.

thanks

Yes, you need a Windows Bamboo agent to use PowerShell Task.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Monday in Jira Ops

Jira Ops Early Access Program Update #1: Announcing our next feature and a new integration

Thanks for signing up for Jira Ops! I’m Matt Ryall, leader for the Jira Ops product team at Atlassian. Since this is a brand new product, we’ll be delivering improvements quickly and sharing updates...

491 views 0 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you