Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will it possible to upgrade bamboo from version 6.3.1 to 6.10.3?

Mat November 22, 2019

This is the upgrade path I got it from your documentation when upgrading from very old versions of Bamboo.

• When upgrading from Bamboo 5.14 and later, follow this upgrade path:

5.14+   6.5  LATEST

Ref: https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamboo/bamboo-upgrade-guide-720411366.html#Bambooupgradeguide-Upgrade_export

• Need to understand is there any  possible way that I  can upgrade the version as I mentioned in the title?
  • The following add-ons are incompatible when I do the Bamboo update check for 6.10.3
    Add-onsLatest available Add-ons-VCompatible Bamboo-V
    Atlassian REST API Browser3.2.26.7.3
    Hung Build Killer for Bamboo3.0.156.3.4
    Plan Runners for Bamboo3.6.56.10.3
    Chef cookbook tests1.116.8.3
    Variable tasks for Bamboo 1.1.246.9.2
    Build Times for Bamboo1.1.96.7.3
    Zephyr Enterprise for Bamboo1.4.16.6.3

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 23, 2019

Hey @Mat,

Welcome to the Community!

***Edit*** My bad,  I went back and looked and we actually upgraded to 6.5.1 ahead of upgrading to 6.9.2.

Looking at the release notes & the upgrade notes, I believe there are some larger changes from a DB migration perspective that require the intermediate upgrade.  So in that case I would recommend upgrading to 6.5.x ahead of going to 6.10.3

**Also** if you look at the 6.4.x upgrade notes, you will see this note:
"Bamboo 6.4 is shipped with a native mechanism for monitoring builds. For that reason, the Hung Build Killer plugins becomes deprecated."

As for app compatibility, you need to decide if those apps are mandatory to have running upon upgrading to the newer version of Bamboo, in which case you will want to make a request to the app creators in the marketplace to update their apps to be compatible with the latest version.  If you can live without any or all of them then you can upgrade and disable the incompatible apps until they are updated to support the 6.10.3 version.

TL;DR;

You should start with an upgrade to Bamboo 6.5.x, all of your existing apps are supported on that version.  From there read my comments about app compatibility.

I hope that helps!

-Jimmy

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events