Why is Bamboo VCS Tagging Tasks erroring on authentication?

Michael Oltman October 10, 2012

I've setup a simple tutorial job to test and verify how we're going to use Bamboo in our OnDemand environment. I am able to get the source code pull task and build tasks working, but can't get the VCS Tagging task to work with the following error.

com.atlassian.bamboo.task.TaskException: Exception when tagging repository
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.vcs.task.VcsTaggingTask.execute(VcsTaggingTask.java:57)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.task.TaskExecutorImpl.executeTasks(TaskExecutorImpl.java:183)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.task.TaskExecutorImpl.execute(TaskExecutorImpl.java:91)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.build.pipeline.tasks.ExecuteBuildTask.call(ExecuteBuildTask.java:85)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.v2.build.agent.DefaultBuildAgent.build(DefaultBuildAgent.java:204)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.v2.build.agent.BuildAgentControllerImpl.waitAndPerformBuild(BuildAgentControllerImpl.java:103)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.v2.build.agent.DefaultBuildAgent$1.run(DefaultBuildAgent.java:109)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.build.pipeline.concurrent.NamedThreadFactory$2.run(NamedThreadFactory.java:52)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
Caused by: com.atlassian.bamboo.repository.RepositoryException: Error while creating tag
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.repository.svn.SvnRepository.createTag(SvnRepository.java:1857)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.vcs.task.VcsTaggingTask.execute(VcsTaggingTask.java:52)
	... 8 more
Caused by: org.tmatesoft.svn.core.SVNAuthenticationException: svn: E170001: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: E170001: MKACTIVITY of '/svn/!svn/act/aab92550-3a01-0010-a67e-b37d73d99e54': 403 Forbidden (https://pervasive.atlassian.net)
	at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc.SVNErrorManager.error(SVNErrorManager.java:62)
	at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc.SVNErrorManager.error(SVNErrorManager.java:51)
	at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc.SVNCopyDriver.copyReposToRepos(SVNCopyDriver.java:378)
	at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc.SVNCopyDriver.setupCopy(SVNCopyDriver.java:627)
	at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc16.SVNCopyClient16.doCopy(SVNCopyClient16.java:437)
	at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc2.remote.SvnNgReposToReposCopy.run(SvnNgReposToReposCopy.java:65)
	at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc2.remote.SvnNgReposToReposCopy.run(SvnNgReposToReposCopy.java:23)
	at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc2.SvnOperationRunner.run(SvnOperationRunner.java:20)
	at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.wc2.SvnOperationFactory.run(SvnOperationFactory.java:1224)
	at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.wc2.SvnOperation.run(SvnOperation.java:291)
	at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.wc2.SvnRemoteCopy.run(SvnRemoteCopy.java:227)
	at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.wc.SVNCopyClient.doCopy(SVNCopyClient.java:480)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.repository.svn.SvnRepository.copyRepository(SvnRepository.java:1815)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.repository.svn.SvnRepository.createTag(SvnRepository.java:1853)
	... 9 more

I cannot find any configuration around enabling Bamboo access to Fisheye SVN and since these are integrated with OnDemand I'm not sure why this error should occur

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Michael Oltman November 7, 2012

stopped using SVN, so doesn't matter now

0 votes
Leandro Iriarte June 11, 2013

I changed repository type to Subversio (it was FishEye) and it worked.

0 votes
Leandro Iriarte May 28, 2013

I am having this problem. Any solution/workaround? It is working fine for checkouts/updates but not for tagging. Please help

0 votes
ArmenA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 22, 2012

Hi Mike,

It seems like a misconfiguration of your SVN URL. If you still need help, please open a Support request under OnDemand project and let us know the Project/Plan name for which you want to configure the source code checkout. Also, let us know what that plan is supposed to do - what you are trying to achieve.

Cheers,
Armen

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events