Why is Bamboo VCS Tagging Tasks erroring on authentication?

I've setup a simple tutorial job to test and verify how we're going to use Bamboo in our OnDemand environment. I am able to get the source code pull task and build tasks working, but can't get the VCS Tagging task to work with the following error.

com.atlassian.bamboo.task.TaskException: Exception when tagging repository
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.vcs.task.VcsTaggingTask.execute(VcsTaggingTask.java:57)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.task.TaskExecutorImpl.executeTasks(TaskExecutorImpl.java:183)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.task.TaskExecutorImpl.execute(TaskExecutorImpl.java:91)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.build.pipeline.tasks.ExecuteBuildTask.call(ExecuteBuildTask.java:85)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.v2.build.agent.DefaultBuildAgent.build(DefaultBuildAgent.java:204)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.v2.build.agent.BuildAgentControllerImpl.waitAndPerformBuild(BuildAgentControllerImpl.java:103)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.v2.build.agent.DefaultBuildAgent$1.run(DefaultBuildAgent.java:109)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.build.pipeline.concurrent.NamedThreadFactory$2.run(NamedThreadFactory.java:52)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
Caused by: com.atlassian.bamboo.repository.RepositoryException: Error while creating tag
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.repository.svn.SvnRepository.createTag(SvnRepository.java:1857)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.vcs.task.VcsTaggingTask.execute(VcsTaggingTask.java:52)
	... 8 more
Caused by: org.tmatesoft.svn.core.SVNAuthenticationException: svn: E170001: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: E170001: MKACTIVITY of '/svn/!svn/act/aab92550-3a01-0010-a67e-b37d73d99e54': 403 Forbidden (https://pervasive.atlassian.net)
	at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc.SVNErrorManager.error(SVNErrorManager.java:62)
	at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc.SVNErrorManager.error(SVNErrorManager.java:51)
	at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc.SVNCopyDriver.copyReposToRepos(SVNCopyDriver.java:378)
	at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc.SVNCopyDriver.setupCopy(SVNCopyDriver.java:627)
	at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc16.SVNCopyClient16.doCopy(SVNCopyClient16.java:437)
	at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc2.remote.SvnNgReposToReposCopy.run(SvnNgReposToReposCopy.java:65)
	at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc2.remote.SvnNgReposToReposCopy.run(SvnNgReposToReposCopy.java:23)
	at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc2.SvnOperationRunner.run(SvnOperationRunner.java:20)
	at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.wc2.SvnOperationFactory.run(SvnOperationFactory.java:1224)
	at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.wc2.SvnOperation.run(SvnOperation.java:291)
	at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.wc2.SvnRemoteCopy.run(SvnRemoteCopy.java:227)
	at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.wc.SVNCopyClient.doCopy(SVNCopyClient.java:480)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.repository.svn.SvnRepository.copyRepository(SvnRepository.java:1815)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.repository.svn.SvnRepository.createTag(SvnRepository.java:1853)
	... 9 more

I cannot find any configuration around enabling Bamboo access to Fisheye SVN and since these are integrated with OnDemand I'm not sure why this error should occur

4 answers

1 accepted

stopped using SVN, so doesn't matter now

Hi Mike,

It seems like a misconfiguration of your SVN URL. If you still need help, please open a Support request under OnDemand project and let us know the Project/Plan name for which you want to configure the source code checkout. Also, let us know what that plan is supposed to do - what you are trying to achieve.

Cheers,
Armen

I am having this problem. Any solution/workaround? It is working fine for checkouts/updates but not for tagging. Please help

I changed repository type to Subversio (it was FishEye) and it worked.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 18, 2017 in Bamboo

FAQ: How to Upgrade Bamboo Server

Bamboo 5.9 will no longer be supported after June 12, 2017. What does this mean? As part of our End of Life policy, Atlassian supports major versions for two years after the first major iteratio...

1,684 views 0 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you