Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does my working directory on the build engine get cleared when I don't tell it to clear?

Brent Knab January 22, 2020

I am trying to test uploading a .nupkg file to artifactory from Bamboo.  The part of the Bamboo job that builds the .nupkg is not working.

I want to build the .nupkg file manually on the build engine server, then run the Bamboo plan to do the deploy to artifactory. However, when I try to run the job, the working directory clears itself before it does any of the job steps in Bamboo.

I've checked all the settings I can think of, but I can't find anything that clears the working directory that is not disabled.

Any suggestions?

1 answer

1 vote
Jeyanthan I
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 23, 2020

Hi Brent,

I'm not sure how you have configured your plan. Didn't your build log hint you with something? Usually, a cleanup is explicitly recorded when it happens.

As you said that the build working directory is getting cleared, could it be that you have enabled Clean working directory after each build option in your job under 'Other' tab? This option removes the source directory after each build.

It is also possible that you have a source code checkout task in your job where Force Clean Build option is enabled. This option will also remove the source directory and checks out the source again prior to each build.

If none of these are enabled, check if you have any script task that is configured to delete this directory manually.

Cheers,
Jey

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events