Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do plans with Git Stash trigger get stuck on "checking out source code" status?

Kathy Warner June 25, 2015

We have quite a number of plans in our Bamboo installation, all of which are set up to be triggered via Stash. For some reason, however, all of our plans at any given time (not at once) will change its status to "checking out source code" without any code changes being made to Stash.

Why is this?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Marcin Gardias
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 3, 2015

Hi,

The answer is: Stash trigger is not only passively waiting for events from Stash, but it also has a polling job that runs periodically and checks for changes if needed. There are 2 cases when it's needed:

• Bamboo - Stash communication is down. If Bamboo detects that no events are coming from Stash it will automatically fall back on git polling. 
  • Your plan contains repositories that are not served by Stash. Bamboo will do polling for them.

1 vote
ThiagoBomfim
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 25, 2015

Hi Kathy,

Maybe you've multiple triggers configured on your build plans? I would focus on specially Polling.

Please refer to:

Best,
Thiago

Kathy Warner June 26, 2015

I've checked this setting on all of our build plans and can confirm that each one is using "Stash repository triggered", which is why I'm scratching my head. The way I understand this trigger is that Bamboo should have no knowledge of when it's supposed to fire off a build plan. Instead, the onus is put on Stash to fire off an event telling Bamboo when it's time to build. Is that correct?

Kathy Warner June 30, 2015

Is there anything else I should be checking for?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events