Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can an a user with admin permissions on project not publish bamboo specs with maven

nigelgbanks
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 23, 2019

I have a user which has admin permissions on the project / plan, I'm attempting to update. Whose credentials I've placed in .credentials in the bamboo-spec folder.

When executing:

mvn -Ppublish-specs

I get the following errors:

2019-05-23 12:03:24,393 INFO [BambooServer] An error occurred while publishing plan MOSE-FDBS: You are not permitted to access this resource
2019-05-23 12:03:24,395 DEBUG [BambooServer] {"message":"You are not permitted to access this resource","status-code":500}
Caused by: com.atlassian.bamboo.specs.exceptions.BambooSpecsRestRequestException: You are not permitted to access this resource

With the same credentials as in .credentials, I am able to log into the website and make changes to the build plan and project manually through the UI. 

This user is able to publish to other projects / plans where the account has the same permissions.

If I switch users to another account I am able to publish on the original project / plan I was trying to modify.

What could be going wrong, what else should I check? I have the following permissions set on the project and plan:

plan permission inheritance.pngplan permission.pngproject permissions.png

1 answer

1 vote
Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 3, 2019

Hi @nigelgbanks

This issue will probably require a deeper investigation.

First of all, I see that you posted this question 10 days ago. Do you still face this issue?Anyway, I would check this:

1. What is different from this user if compared with the other ones?
    Check global permissions
    Check if this user comes from a different user repository if compared with the other ones
  2. Is this user able to modify a simple config in this plan?
    Check if this issue is happening to a specific configuration that may require permission that is failing. I don't know what is the configuration you are trying to update. Depending on what is the update it may work or not. This would help us to identify the scope of the problem.
  3. Check the specs logs
    When running specs add the property "-Dbamboo.specs.log.level=DEBUG" or "-Dbamboo.specs.log.level=TRACE" to it and check if you get errors of more information before the permission issue.
  4. Check the Bamboo logs
    Check if you see any errors in <Bamboo_Home>/logs/atlassian-bamboo.log file.

I'll wait for your findings.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events