Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why aren't my builds kicking off as soon as a commit is pushed up to bitbucket?

Jeremy Stafford July 17, 2018

So I set up a webhook in my repo on bitbucket cloud and pushed a commit. I can see in bitbucket that the webhook request went out and got a 204 back, but bamboo isn't doing anything. I have the trigger setup and the ip 104.192.142.0/24 is whitelisted in the trigger setup.... but no build. What gives?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Gabriel Ribeiro
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 19, 2018

Hi Jeremy,

Are you sure that you're using the correct Bamboo API endpoint as per "How to trigger a Bamboo build from Bitbucket Cloud using a Webhook" documentation? 

You can also check in bamboo logs if the server is receiving the request from Bitbucket and what exactly is happening right after that. The REST endpoint mentioned above triggers a change detection so if the server is not able to get repository's delta, no build will be triggered.

thanks

Jeremy Stafford July 19, 2018

You know what, I don't remember where I got the webhook that I was using, but it was different from the one in the link. I swear it was Bamboo that gave it to me at some point. At any rate, I used the one in the link you pasted and it seems to work. Thanks!

Jeremy Stafford July 19, 2018

On that note, shouldn't Bamboo offer some way to create those webhooks for you when linking the repo? AppVeyor took care of this for us, and this is going to get a bit irritating since we're going to have a large number of repos going up for our microservice architecture.

Gabriel Ribeiro
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 19, 2018

Hi Jeremy,

I'm glad my comment was useful. 

Regarding your note, Bamboo 6.5 already use a similar approach when setting up a  repository-stored Specs if you're not using a Bitbucket server repository but, I agree with you, I think it would be very convenient if we also have this for change detection.

I took the liberty of raising an improvement request for this, please find it below:

I encourage you to vote on and watch the Improvement Request to increase its visibility and ensure you're kept in the loop with any future updates. 

Also, to help our community, please don't forget to accept the answer if you feel that it was useful.

thanks.

0 votes
bogdancraciun July 19, 2018

We have a similar issue, and after doing some investigation, it seems that they changed something on Bitbucket, because requests now seem to be made through a proxy. If I manually call Bamboo (make HTTP request) everything works, but not via Bitbucket.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events