Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Bamboo on demand keeps terminating my elastic instances?

Andres Eusse November 25, 2014

Hi, i want to know why bamboo suddenly kills my elastic instances. I found many people with issues similar to mine, but none of their fixes works for me. I though the answer was something like the one presented in this question:  https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/96042, but i have the  option set as disabled. My instances use Amazon Linux AMI, in a public subnet. Any advise?

4 answers

0 votes
Andres Eusse December 1, 2014

Hi Krystian,

I am using on demand instances. I am still unable to get the log i need because i am not around when the instances die. Is there a way to setup an alarm so i can be notified when it die and check the log when it still exists?

0 votes
Krystian Brazulewicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 26, 2014

Andres

Are you using Spot Instances or Reserved Instances? Please remember that Spot Instance can be terminated by Amazon when the Spot price exceeds your max bid. If you use Reserved Instances then please contact Support to investigate.

0 votes
Andres Eusse November 26, 2014

Not really, most of the time when i go to see what happened, the terminated instance has been already deleted, I was thinking into setting an alarm when the communication between the agent and bamboo fails, but i am not really sure what to look at. Can you tell me how the communication works so i can monitor that?

Btw, i assume is a communication issue because once, the agent was not displayed in bamboo, but the instance  was running in the EC2 console. Am i wrong?

0 votes
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 25, 2014

Are you able to access instance console after that happens? You can do via  AWS console, right click on the terminated instance.

The most likely reason (if you're not using spot instances) is that the agent died.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events