Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Artifact Copier executed for multiple build tasks in the same job

Shijun Kong December 12, 2012

Bamboo 4.2

Artifact is defined on job level, so that I was expecting artifact copier will happen once at the end of a job. However, when there are two maven tasks in the same job, and the first one does not suppose to generate artifact (i.e. use maven versions plugin to update latest dependencies), the build will fail because Bamboo will invoke artifact copier to look for not existing artifact.

Why bother invoke artifact copier for every build tasks in the same job? Shouldn't only once at the end? Am I mistaken here?

1 answer

0 votes
PiotrA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2012

Hello,

I think you had encountered some kind of bug, at least I'd expect (like you are expecting) the Bamboo to copy the artifact after the second task, not after the first task.

Maybe you can share your task configuration (screenshot), so we can check if there is something odd about it?

regards,

PiotrA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2012

Can you confirm none of these are the final tasks?

Shijun Kong December 13, 2012

unfortunately, I deleted the old plan. the job configuration is simple, three tasks:

# Source code checkout (git)

# Maven 3.x goal as "versions:use-latest-release"

# Maven 3.x goal as "clean package"

Shijun Kong December 13, 2012

yes, none of them are defined as final tasks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events