Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to get started with Bamboo?

Mike Pflugfelder June 10, 2020

We are using Bamboo Server 6.10.4.  I have setup some build and deploy projects, but things don't "feel" right.  I managed to get this working without a lot of instruction, just going off of the documentation here and there, but the process seems a little off.  I think it's just me not understanding best practice for how builds and deploys work.

For the background, this is my first real build and deploy using Bamboo.  It's a wordpress site, in a docker container, deploying to AWS.  Code is stored in Bitbucket.  I'm on the Ops side, but I'm working heavily with the developer to hone this process.

Currently they have all code in master, and that is supposed to mirror our production environment.  They develop and check code into dev, then PR to release_dev, which triggers a build and deploy.  They have a staging and release_staging branch as well, which will trigger a build and deploy.  However, for releasing to production, we're just promoting a dev release to the production environment.  This is the part that feels wrong.  I'm thinking that I'm missing something on the setup of the build or deploy steps that might make this all click a little more.

So, what I'm looking for is either a walk through, or best practice, or maybe even someone to talk to, in order to ask questions.  Does something like that exist right now?

Is there any sort of chat for Atlassian products, or more specifically Bamboo, such as a discord or slack channel?

Thanks!

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events