Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the right place to put the plugin jar file?

Akira Tsuchiya
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 14, 2012

I developed a plugin for Bamboo.

I put the jar file under the [Bamboo Inst Dir]/webapp/WEB-INF/lib and the plugin works fine.

But I wonder where the right place is.

There is the directory of [Bamboo Home]/plugins.

Which is the right place and what is the difference between them?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 14, 2012

I may be wrong, but I think WEB-INF/lib location is for plugins 1 only. $BAMBOO_HOME/plugins is for both plugin 1 and plugin 2 (when manually installed). Put it into /plugins - in this way it will survive reinstallations.

0 votes
Julien Hoarau
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 14, 2012

You should use the Universal Plugin Manager (Admin > Administration > System > Plugins) to install plugin in Bamboo.

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/UPM/Adding+a+Plugin#AddingaPlugin-Uploadingyourownplugin

If you still want to install them manually, put them in $BAMBOO_HOME/plugins

Akira Tsuchiya
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 14, 2012

Thank you for your info.

I tried to install my plugin using UPM, but it siad, "The plugin is a version 1 plugin. Version 1 plugins cannot be dynamically installed."

I refered to UPM Document. But it does not describe about the error.

What should I do to my plugin jar file.

I guess I should edit the atlassian-plugin.xml.

Is it right?

Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 14, 2012

If you are developping a new plugin, you should definitely used plugin version 2.

Unless you plan to use it on an older version of Bamboo (pre 3.3), where version 2 is not supported on agents.

Julien Hoarau
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 14, 2012

Are you trying to install a downloaded plugin or is it yours?

If you are developping a new plugin, you should definitely use plugin version 2, if you can (Bamboo > 3.3 and compatible module types).

https://developer.atlassian.com/display/BAMBOODEV/Bamboo+Plugin+Module+Types

https://developer.atlassian.com/display/PLUGINFRAMEWORK/Version+1+or+Version+2+Plugin+(Glossary+Entry)

Akira Tsuchiya
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 15, 2012

Thank you for your valuable information.

Based on your information, I tested my plugin on various versions of Bamboo.

The test results are as below.

1. Older versions of Bamboo than 3.2, including 3.2

Plugin Type: 1

atlassian-plugin.xml Root Symantec: <atlassian-plugin key="*" name="*">

Directory to place jar: [Bamboo Inst Dir]/webapp/WEB-INF/lib

2. Later versions of Bamboo than 3.4, including 3.4

Plugin Type: 2

atlassian-plugin.xml Root Symantec: <atlassian-plugin key="*" name="*" <tt>plugins-version="2"</tt>>

Directory to place jar: [Bamboo Home]/plugins

3. Bamboo 3.3

Both plugin types of 1 and 2 do not apply to the version 3.3.

The error message below appears when using plugin 1 or plugin 2.

[XWorkPluginConfigurationMaintainer] Error while reloading XWork configuration to include *.***Actions (null)
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/atlassian/bamboo/plan/cache/ImmutablePlan

I cannot configure a plugin for Bamboo 3.3.

Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
February 15, 2012

Did you compile it against 3.3 sources?

Akira Tsuchiya
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 15, 2012

Thank you for your advice. The issue has been solved.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events