Where is the displayed IP address obtained from?

Greg Hansen May 2, 2014

Bamboo question: on my General Configuration page, there is a Network section which shows two items: a hostname, and an IP address. The IP address is incorrect. Where does this address come from? Is there a configuration file somewhere that specifies it? Base OS = CentOS 6.4. We recently moved to a new building, and had to reset the IP addresses of all the servers, but it appears that this value didn't get changed. Doing an "ifconfig" shows the correct IP, so it's not getting it from there.

4 answers

1 vote
Greg Hansen May 11, 2014

It turns out that the /etc/hosts file had a line defining that IP address as related to the name of the machine. Changing /etc/hosts to the correct value solved the problem of the errant IP address. It did not, however, solve the connectivity problem. That was solved by upgrading Stash from 2.11 to 2.12, at which point things started working well.

0 votes
Greg Hansen May 17, 2014

It turns out that the /etc/hosts file had a line defining that IP address as related to the name of the machine. Changing /etc/hosts to the correct value solved the problem of the errant IP address. It did not, however, solve the connectivity problem. That was solved by upgrading Stash from 2.11 to 2.12, at which point things started working well.

0 votes
rsperafico
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 6, 2014

Hi Greg,

I would kindly ask you to have a look at Remote Agent Communication with the Server under Troubleshooting Remote Agents for further information.

Kind regards,
Rafael

0 votes
Felipe Kraemer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 4, 2014

Hi Greg,

I've tried to locate this Network section in a 4.4.1 instance and in a 5.5.0 instance, but none had it. Can you please clarify what is your Bamboo version?

If the IP you mean is the one displayed sometimes in the Base URL, that IP address from the server in which Bamboo was installed for the first time. If your Bamboo instance was migrated to another server, this IP must be updated manually.

Kind regards,
Felipe Kraemer
Atlassian Support

Greg Hansen May 4, 2014

Sorry, should have included that to begin with. Atlassian Bamboo version 5.4.2 build 4208 - 03 Mar 14. I'm doing an evaluation, and trying to connect the remote agent to the server, and this may be the issue preventing that. At least, I hope it is! I keep getting "Connection refused", but as far as I can tell the channel between the machines is open. Somthing like this might explain it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events