Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I get more information on running tests in parallel in .Net

RyanVice December 11, 2013

I saw in the documentation that it was possible to run automated tests in parallel with Bamboo but I didn't see any information about how to set this up for .Net. For example, I don't understand how you would organize the tests into batches. I saw that in Java this is dependent on a 3rd party testing tool. I was wondering how this works in .Net.

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Jason Monsorno
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2013

Stages run sequentially, jobs inside of stage can run in parrallel in the resources (local agents) are available, tasks in side of jobs run sequentially.

Here is an example layout

Stage 1 - Build - Has one job - job can have multiple tasks

Stage 2 - Test - Has x jobs each run a unique set of tests

Depending on how you implement the test batches you make want a third stage to display the tests. If you simply have different jobs for a list of tests or different categories then you could run the test task; if you used something like powershell to evenly divided your tests to your x # of jobs then you will write to a .trx or likewise file and will probably want to third stage to display the test results.

Stage 3 - Display Tests - Has one job - Optional task to combine results then one task to display or x task to display x # of results.

Stage 4, etc. Deploy, Archive, etc. whatever you want to follow tests. Optional of course.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events