When using tag triggers, how do I find out which repository triggered the build?

Julia Valder February 8, 2022

I have a plan which is triggered by someone pushing a tag to the master branch. Now I want to use this plan with multiple repositories, but for certain scripts within the pipeline to work I need to know during build time which repository triggered this specific build.

When using ${bamboo.planRepository.1.name} I can only choose one of the repositories which are configured in the plan but this is static information, so it might not be the one which actually triggered the current build.

I found this but it only seems to work if you're using a repository trigger. With the tag trigger, the repository contents have not changed.

Is there any way to do this?

1 answer

0 votes
fnc11 January 20, 2023

Hello @Julia Valder 

I am working on a similar problem, for me, the tag trigger is not even working for multiple repositories. Could you share how you made it work for the multiple repositories?

I am working on a task where we create a new release branch for the repository that pushed a release tag on their master branch. It works for a single repository but not for multiple repositories.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events