cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When Bamboo Plan is run failing with memory issue

Rohit May 30, 2018

Hello,

Bamboo plan is failing with error logs as below

30-May-2018 09:58:07 /bin/sh: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: failed to map segment from shared object: Cannot allocate memory
30-May-2018 09:58:30 Failing task since return code of [/usr/bin/mvn --batch-mode -Djava.io.tmpdir=/opt/atlassian/atlassian-bamboo-5.15.5/temp/IM-CSMONP-JOB1 mvn clean package] was 127 while expected 0
30-May-2018 09:58:30 Finished task 'Maven Build setup' with result: Failed

Any help on this please?

Thanks

1 answer

1 vote
Jeyanthan I
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 31, 2018

The error means that you've hit one of the limits that govern shared memory allocation.

Are you able to reproduce this issue from the commandline?

Check if this post helps troubleshooting further.

Rohit June 1, 2018

@Jeyanthan I I don't have access to server.. This issue occurred when doing Maven Build task in Bamboo plan.

Tried changing heap memory during build  but still of no help.

MAVEN_OPTS="-Xmx2048m -Xms512m"

Jeyanthan I
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 1, 2018

In that case, you will have to contact the server administrator to monitor what is happening when this build is executed on the server. 

You can suggest the administrator to execute the respective commands on the same Agent's server outside Bamboo (in a command prompt). It is sufficient to inspect just the respective agent's server and not the Bamboo server itself if this build runs on a remote agent.

Rohit June 1, 2018

Yeah, sure. Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events