Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What sort of data is available for the deployment email templates?

Chris August 9, 2017

I'm trying to customize the deployment email templates, but i can't find good documentation to acomplish this. All documentation seems to be around Build Templates. Is there any documentation on was sort of metadata/variables are available for deployment templates?

1 answer

0 votes
Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 10, 2017

I'm assuming you are referring to Modifying notification templates?!

IIRC, similar to how the Freemarker ${buildSummary} variable basically exposes the resp. Java API BuildResultsSummary interface, the ${deploymentResult} variable basically exposes the resp. Java API DeploymentResult interface.

You can see this in action within Carolyn van Slyck's Bamboo Deployment Notifications, e.g. in template EmailSubject.ftl:

[#-- @ftlvariable name="deploymentResult" type="com.atlassian.bamboo.deployments.results.DeploymentResult" --]
[#-- @ftlvariable name="deploymentProject" type="com.atlassian.bamboo.deployments.projects.DeploymentProject" --]
[#-- @ftlvariable name="numFailures" type="Integer" --]
[#assign deployment=deploymentProject.name /]
[#assign release=deploymentResult.deploymentVersion.name /]
[#assign environment=deploymentResult.environment.name /]
${deployment} ${release}[#t]
[#if deploymentResult.deploymentState == "Successful"] was successfully deployed to ${environment} after ${numFailures} [#if numFailures = 1]failure[#else]failures[/#if].[#rt]
[#elseif deploymentResult.deploymentState == "Failed"] failed deploying to ${environment} (${numFailures} [#if numFailures = 1]times[#else]times[/#if]).[#rt]
[#else] stopped deploying to ${environment}[#rt]
[/#if]

For a Bamboo version x.y.z installation, you can inspect the built in Freemarker deployment notification templates within the following artifact (search for *.ftl):

<bamboo-install>/atlassian-bamboo/WEB-INF/lib/atlassian-bamboo-deployments-x.y.z.jar

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events