• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

What ports are required to be open on server running remote agent

Hi I have Bamboo running with a firewall and I am trying to setup the remote agent that also has a firewall.  I can correctly configure the bamboo server's firewall to allow communication with the remote agent.  However, I am unable to figure out which ports are required to be open on the server running the remote agent.  I have reviewed https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamkb/troubleshooting-remote-agents-216957427.html but it only specifics ports for the server side and says nothing about ports on the remote agent side.  Any ideas?

2 answers

0 votes

You don't need any ports to be open (assuming you're asking about incoming traffic).

Yes asking about incoming traffic.  When I have the firewall up the jobs will queue for ever.  But, as soon as I lower the firewall there are no problems and the job completes.  Any ideas?

This is a few years' old but since there isn't an answer, I'll throw my partially-informed perspective in.

As I understand it, the Remote Agent initiates all the connections and the Bamboo server simply responds. The server side never initiates connections with the Remote Agent (Atlassian folks, please correct me if I'm wrong).

Therefore, the Bamboo server host machine needs to be able to receive requests on the ports listed on the that "Troubleshooting Remote Agents" page and the Remote Agent needs to be able to initiate connections on those ports from its host. Network firewalls and host-resident (see below) need to have been configured to allow this.

Where I've had the most problems (and perhaps this is what the OP was encountering) is when the Remote Agent is installed on Windows. The culprit (apart from me occasionally forgetting an installation step) is usually Windows' in-built firewall (AKA Windows Defender Firewall) so always check to see what that's up to because 9/10 times when my Remote Agent on a fresh host is failing to connect to the server, it's the Windows firewall blocking out-bound connections.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bamboo

Bamboo 7.1 is here and is packed with value!

I'm happy to announce that Bamboo 7.1 has been released and it’s overflowing with awesome new features. Top-voted issues First and foremost, a bunch of JAC top voted issues has been delivered - y...

943 views 4 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you