Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What can be used as Pattern when defining Artifacts?

Markus Petke July 17, 2020

I want to use simple Regex as Pattern, but it does not work.

I want to achieve somethink like "pre(con|dition)*"

So anything starting with precon and predition should match, but not for example pretest.

Is this even possible in Bamboo or can I just use the 3 mentioned here? https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamboo/pattern-matching-reference-301663849.html

Thanks in advance

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Richard White _TechTime_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 17, 2020

Hi Markus,

Unfortunately, Bamboo uses ant path matching, not regex. I don't believe there is a way to satisfy that in a single artifact pattern.

The only workaround I can think of, would be to define two artifacts (one for precon and one for predition in your example). Obviously that would not work for every use case though.

Markus Petke July 19, 2020

Hi Richard, thanks for the reply, even if it is not satisfying...

How do I use the ant-patterns? Do I simply put the html-style syntax as pattern?

From the examples on the site you posted, I could achieve my goal with some file-exclusions.

Richard White _TechTime_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 19, 2020

Unfortunately, I think you can only use the actual path matching part.

In you example, the best you could do would be:

pre* 

which would obviously match both precon and predition as well as pretest.

I don't think there is a way to include the exclusions like in the ant reference. The original link you provided from Atlassian is pretty much all of the syntax that you can use.

1 vote
robbytx November 10, 2020

Hi Markus,

I was able to successfully use Bash-style brace expansion for this in my Maven-based project:

test/target/{*.log,test-logs/**,failsafe-reports/**}

I think the equivalent for your question would be:

pre{con,dition}*

I hope that helps!

inger_klekacz October 16, 2021

This also works when defining the same Bitbucket Pipeline config for multiple branch name patterns. Thank you! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events