Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What REST API command returns Bamboo Specs?

hmozaffari May 15, 2019

I'm using Bamboo version 6.4.1 and would like to retrieve plan as Java Specs. Is there any REST command that returns the Spec?

1 answer

0 votes
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 16, 2019

Hi @hmozaffari,

I just did a quick search through the REST API docs (https://docs.atlassian.com/atlassian-bamboo/REST/6.4.1/) and it doesn't look like there is anything for retriving a plan as java specs.

I can see how that could be challenging to accomplish given that would be a pretty complex object that gets returned.

Sorry I couldn't offer much help here.

-James

hmozaffari May 16, 2019

Thanks @Jimmy Seddon for looking into this.

Bamboo UI offers the following URL to show the Java Specs. But unfortunately is in HTML format:

/exportSpecs/plan.action?buildKey=<Build-key>

I was hoping to find an underlying REST call but there isn't any.

The main reason I was looking for this API was being able to verify encrypted secret variables. I deal with dozens of Bamboo plans which have encrypted variable. The only way to verify if those variables have correct value is by looking at Specs. Specs show the encrypted value but UI masks it.

I was planning to make multiple REST calls, get all the Specs and and verify variables in all plans.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events