Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variables should be set to project level

Bill Wang March 25, 2018

Bamboo server is used as CI/CD pipeline for the whole company (huge users). The permission to my application team are very strict. 

There are two places we can define variables, especially for the secure variables. 

One place is done by Bamboo admin to set the global variables. but the problem is, it is not in our team's control at all, and there is no way I can list the global variables' keys.. I have to ask Bamboo admin to provide the details, which takes time. Second, they change the keys' value at any time without notification. 

Second place is done at each build job. It is in our control, but  it is not convenience for us at all. A lot of same keys are set to each plan in my project. Some time, we forget update some of them. 

So I think to set variables to project level is obvious feature, but I can't find any way to do that.

Is there any ways to manage variables in project level? So all plans created under this project can inherit these variables automatically.

1 answer

1 vote
Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 26, 2018

There's no such functionality. You can vote and watch at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-11092 to be notified when this issue will be addressed

Bill Wang March 26, 2018

Thanks for your reply, that's a 6 years old feature request.

If this is a feature asked for 6 years before, what's the point to vote it now? Does Atlassian mention in any where that how many votes your team start working on it? 100, 1000 or 10k? If it can be written down clearly, then I am happy to vote it and ask more to vote it. 

Then will it be the only way to judge if your team will work on it or not? 

Does Bamboo or Atlassian really care the customers who think this type of feature can be wait for 6 years without any actions or change the way to continuous improving the product and happy to do it with positive attitude and add it directly, more than waiting the votes?

I start understanding why so many staffs in our company to complain it, I have no other choice because of current company's policy, but this attitude to your paid customers makes me sick. If I have the right, the first thing to deal with the whole DevOps design with CI/CD pipline, Bamboo will be taken out of the plan without any hesitated. 

Bill Wang March 26, 2018

deleted? why I care of it. 

Bill Wang March 26, 2018

It is the life we need deal with. This is not that important at all. 

Move on.

Jeyanthan I
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 26, 2018

Hi Bill,

We prioritise a feature request based on multiple factors. For your reference, you can find our policy on how we prioritise feature and improvement requests at this page. If you do not see an activity in a tracker, it could be that it did not meet enough popularity.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events