Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Value for Path When Adding a built-in Git Capability

ru_eas_sims2 January 30, 2018

When defining a Git capability on a Bamboo (local/Solaris) server, I am trying to evaluate the default built-in Git implementation. Here are my parameters on the Server capabilities page:

Capability type == Git

Executable == Git

Path == <<??>>

I am wondering what the value should be for the built-in Git implementation? While I can ask to install a Git onto the server, the documentation said "... Note that Bamboo comes with its own built-in Git implementation. However, you need to use native Git to be able to use symbolic links, submodules, automatic branch detection and automatic merging - these are not supported by the built-in Git."

1 answer

0 votes
Marcin Gardias
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 2, 2018

If you want to use Bamboo built-in implementation of Git, simply _do not_ define any Git executable.

That being said, I really recommend installing git executable and using that. Built-in git comes with number of limitations and we actually consider removing it from the product as in our own experience using official Git executable is much more reliable. All Bamboo servers in Atlassian are configured with external git capability.

ru_eas_sims2 February 2, 2018

Thanks, Marcin.

I was able to use the built-in Git connecting to BitBucket. We are having an In-house Git server as well. I guess there are some network settings preventing the test case. Definitely will try to use a self-installed Git executable, which will at least keep the same version.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events