Using Remote agents of another bamboo server

JIHENE MEJRI December 11, 2019

Hello Bamboo Team,

I created a new bamboo server for mac OS, my company has already another bamboo server with 5 remote agents licence running in Linux machine.

My question is can I use the old licence to run a remote agent in my macOS server ?

Or I have to create my owen local agents ?

Thanks in advance :)

Regards,

Jihene

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 19, 2019

Hi @JIHENE MEJRI

The Bamboo instance will have its features restricted to the license applied. The licenses are designed just for one instance at a time.

There is a special case where you don't need to pay for another license but order a developer license. The availability and conditions to use this type of license are described below:

Developer licenses are available to existing commercial and academic server license holders (not available for cloud or server Starter products) who wish to deploy non-production installations for use in testing and development of the Atlassian software (e.g. version upgrades, customizations to the software, etc) that should not be done on a live production instance

Reference: https://www.atlassian.com/licensing/purchase-licensing#licensing (What are developer licenses? How are they used?)

In other words, If your instance in mac OS is another production instance you win be restricted to local agents though. Keep in mind that you can add a mac OS agent in your old instance as well if it has room for new remote agents. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events