Using MS SQL Integrated Authentication with Bamboo and Fisheye

Chris Wundram May 10, 2013

I am confugring Bamboo and Fisheye to use a Microsoft SQL database server. Our DBAs would like us to use integrated authentication instead of SQL authentication. I was able to configure this for Stash, but not for Bamboo or Fisheye. Has anyone been able to configure these apps for integrated authentication?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Foong
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 21, 2013

Hi Chris,

Please try the following workaround in a test server:

1. Integrate Bamboo/FishEye to SQL Server through the UI
  2. Stop Bamboo/FishEye
  3. Copy sqljdbc-*.jar driver from STASH_INSTALL/lib into BAMBOO_INSTALL/webapp/WEB-INF/lib or FISHEYE_INST/lib
  4. Copy x64 or x86 from STASH_INSTALL/lib/native and rename it as sqljdbc_auth.dll into BAMBOO_INSTALL/webapp/WEB-INF/lib or FISHEYE_INST/lib
  5. Modify BAMBOO_HOME/bamboo.cfg.xml or FISHEYE_INST/config.xmlto have the new settings:
    Bamboo:
    <properties>
        <property name="hibernate.connection.driver_class">com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver</property>
        <property name="hibernate.connection.password"></property>
        <property name="hibernate.connection.url">jdbc:sqlserver://CONFSERVER:1433;databaseName=Confluence;integratedSecurity=true;</property>
        <property name="hibernate.connection.username">sa</property>
    </properties>

FishEye:
    	<database type="sqlserver2008">
    		<connection dialect="com.cenqua.crucible.hibernate.dialects.SQLServer2008UnicodeDialect" driver="com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver" jdbcurl="jdbc:sqlserver://localhost:1433;databaseName=fisheye;integratedSecurity=true;" password="" username="sa" maxPoolSize="20" minPoolSize="5" driverSource="user"/>
    	</database>

Change the value mentioned in the above example only. Do not delete other settings in the file.

6. Start Bamboo/FishEye

Source: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Database+Setup+for+SQL+Server?focusedCommentId=132383179#comment-132383179

StevenHawkins July 3, 2017

Update;

For Bamboo 6 at least, the sqljdbc_auth.dll should be placed in <bamboo-install>/bin

0 votes
Neil October 2, 2014

Did this solution work for you? I am going to attempt this shortly so I am looking for any updated information on this for the most recent Fisheye. Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events