Using Crowd user/pw in a Bamboo variable

At the moment, whenever we release using Bamboo, we have to overwrite a couple of variables so that the maven tasks can communicate with SVN. These variables: -Dusername=${bamboo.user} -Dpassword=${bamboo.password} are always the same as the user currently logged into Bamboo. Can I somehow use the Bamboo credintials to automatically fill in those variables, without running a customized build?

4 answers

1 accepted

To avoid this, can't you simply use SSH keys instead of username/passwords?

We are using the username to track who changes/releases. But I will look into it, maybe we can use another technique to track it.

The use SSH keys, and only push the name for tracking releases, maybe?

0 vote

It is not possible. All builds are run outside user context. Think about case when release is being run automatically. 

Last but not least Bamboo doesn't know user's password. 

Thanks for the tips and info.

We've decided to go with a bamboo-svn user to do the builds. Tracebillity will be contained to Bamboo, not SVN as well.

How to in this link

http://mjremijan.blogspot.nl/2015/06/bamboo-maven-release-plugin-and.html

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 18, 2017 in Bamboo

FAQ: How to Upgrade Bamboo Server

Bamboo 5.9 will no longer be supported after June 12, 2017. What does this mean? As part of our End of Life policy, Atlassian supports major versions for two years after the first major iteratio...

1,822 views 0 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you