Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User defined global and plan variables are not replaced in maven task goal.

John Gill February 28, 2018

This article suggests that Bamboo global and build specific variables can be referred to in build scripts or maven.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamboo/passing-bamboo-variables-to-a-build-script-289277351.html

While the example works, it appears that if I define my own bamboo variable either globally or at the plan level, they are not replaced.

I suspect that "built in" variables are substituted, but user defined global or plan variables are not.

If in my maven task, I set the goal to

clean test -Dvms.database.user=${vms.db.user} -Dvms.database.password=${bamboo.buildNumber}

Then I can clearly see that the built in bamboo.buildNumber is replaced, where as my global variable vms.db.user is not (as shown below).

clean test -Dvms.database.user=${vms.db.user} -Dvms.database.password=1 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jeremy Owen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 28, 2018

Hey John,

You can certainly Bamboo plan and Global variables in-line in a Script task or in your Maven goal. It just needs the bamboo prefix.

If your plan / global variable is vms.db.user you can reference in a Script task with this syntax: ${bamboo.vms.db.user}

Hope this helps. :)

John Gill March 1, 2018

<facepalm> why didn't I think of that.

John Gill March 1, 2018

Thanks Jeremy. Rookie mistake.  It most certainly works.

Jeremy Owen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 1, 2018

Awesome. Glad to hear it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events