Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading bamboo 6.8.1 to 6.10.3 can't find bamboo.cfg.xml

Gintohewoo October 13, 2019

I recently updated confluence, jira, and was wrapping up the bamboo upgrade by following the instructions here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamboo/bamboo-upgrade-guide-720411366.html?_ga=2.233998810.534527813.1570939997-570080728.1550282310

I did everything as instructed and when I start the instance using ./bin/start-bamboo.sh I get the following when I try to go to the bamboo homepage.

Bamboo6-10-3StartupIssue.PNG

I triple checked the configuration file is there, it is owned by bamboo, it is readable and nothing appears wrong.  Hopefully someone else has seen this issue and can help me get this fixed, thank you!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Gintohewoo October 13, 2019

Looks like this is a problem that results when you launch the ./bin/start-bamboo.sh file as root (or using sudo).

I recommend sudo su <bamboo_user> first then running it, this will ensure that all the files in your home directory remain owned by the <bamboo_user> and not root.

I had to go through and remove several write.lock files that were owned by root, had to change ownership of several log files and maybe one or two more files that were owned by root then things started working.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events