Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded Bamboo 6.2.2 to 6.4 and lost all my pipeline data after failure.

André-Vincent Boivin March 28, 2018

I have an old server snapshot which I restored to that had some of my old data.

I screwed up really bad now I want to know what's salvageable from my 6.2.2 snapshot to the new 6.4 version.

I think there's a lot of missing data in the old snapshot, I'm quite lost as what to do next... I wish bamboo would have just updated instead of deleting all my data and breaking down in such a dramatic way.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
André-Vincent Boivin March 29, 2018

Alright,

So here's what happened in all the glorious details

Starts with me, receiving and e-mail from atlassian saying if you have a bamboo server facing the internet, running on windows and running a specific version you're open to a vulnerability.

As we fit in that description I download the 6.4.1 version installer and run it.

It asks if I want to update, I simply click yes. I'm not familiar with bamboo at all as the only person in our company that set it up has now left.

could not delete C:\Program Files\Bamboo\atlassian-bamboo\WEB-INF\atlassian-bundled-plugins\activeobjects-plugin-1.2.3.jar
could not delete C:\Program Files\Bamboo\atlassian-bamboo\WEB-INF\atlassian-bundled-plugins\analytics-whitelist-3.39.jar

The above error messages come up during the update so I think I might as well cancel the update and go snapshot the server drives so I have a good restore point, but at this moment it already wasn't working.

The fix that had to be done was to re-install the 6.2.2 version and to point it to the right bamboo home. That worked flawlessly.

In hindsight, not a complicated fix but I really didn't knew what to expect from this software as it was my first time handling it.

Many thanks to the support representative who walked me through all the steps to get going again.

1 vote
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 28, 2018

Hi André-Vincent,

I understand an upgrade of Bamboo from version 6.2.2 to 6.4 resulted in data loss. To help us take a closer look, I opened a support request on your behalf. 

Please stand by for an email from our support portal.

Thanks,

Ann

André-Vincent Boivin March 28, 2018

Thank you Ann,

I've spent the past 45 minutes trying to figure out what went wrong and I'm quite clueless as of how to fix this issue. Greatly appreciate the help offer.

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 28, 2018

Hi André-Vincent,

Do you have time to let us know what you and the Bamboo support engineer did during your screen share? It is not clear from the ticket, though it does look like the outcome was favorable.

Cheers,

Ann

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events