Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Upgrade to Bamboo 6.9 error " Specified key was too long; max key length is 3072 bytes"

The database upgrade process hung and never completed. I did a stop-bamboo.sh and tried to start it back up with start-bamboo.sh -fg, and I see these errors -

=========================================

Caused by: org.hibernate.tool.schema.spi.CommandAcceptanceException: Error executing DDL "create index repocommits_changesetid_idx on REPOSITORY_CHANGESET (CHANGESET_ID)" via JDBC Statement
at org.hibernate.tool.schema.internal.exec.GenerationTargetToDatabase.accept(GenerationTargetToDatabase.java:67)
at org.hibernate.tool.schema.internal.AbstractSchemaMigrator.applySqlString(AbstractSchemaMigrator.java:559)
at org.hibernate.tool.schema.internal.AbstractSchemaMigrator.applySqlStrings(AbstractSchemaMigrator.java:504)
at org.hibernate.tool.schema.internal.AbstractSchemaMigrator.applyIndexes(AbstractSchemaMigrator.java:331)
at org.hibernate.tool.schema.internal.GroupedSchemaMigratorImpl.performTablesMigration(GroupedSchemaMigratorImpl.java:84)
at org.hibernate.tool.schema.internal.AbstractSchemaMigrator.performMigration(AbstractSchemaMigrator.java:207)
at org.hibernate.tool.schema.internal.AbstractSchemaMigrator.doMigration(AbstractSchemaMigrator.java:114)
at org.hibernate.tool.hbm2ddl.SchemaUpdate.execute(SchemaUpdate.java:94)
at org.hibernate.tool.hbm2ddl.SchemaUpdate.execute(SchemaUpdate.java:62)
at com.atlassian.bamboo.hibernate.BambooSchemaHelper.updateSchemaIfNeeded(BambooSchemaHelper.java:42)
... 11 more
Caused by: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Specified key was too long; max key length is 3072 bytes

=======================================

I verified that the MySql database is set for InnoDB and UTF8 character set.

Has anyone encountered this error and how was it solve?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Tito

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events