Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to setup a remote agent image configuration using a VPC

Angel Ruiz December 20, 2018

Hi,

I am trying to use new EC2 types like M5 Large, but whenever I tried to spin up an agent an got the following error:

com.amazonaws.services.ec2.model.AmazonEC2Exception: The specified instance type can only be used in a VPC. A subnet ID or network interface ID is required to carry out the request. (Service: AmazonEC2; Status Code: 400; Error Code: VPCResourceNotSpecified; Request ID: 18c6a0dd-aee9-483e-ab03-e0f653ac0ecd)

We have defined a VPC in Amazon, but Bamboo does not provide anywhere in the UI any means to introduce the configuration details of the VPC:

Elastic_image_configuration_details_-_Atlassian_Bamboo.png

I am probably missing something and I would appreciate any help you could provide.

Kind regards,
Angel

1 answer

0 votes
Johan Soetens _Dumblefy_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2018

Just a suggestion but do you still have your default VPC?

Default VPC and Default Subnets

Angel Ruiz December 20, 2018

Hi Johan,

I don't think so. I created a new one. First time I am using a VPC as I am a developer and not a sys. admin

vpcs___VPC_Management_Console.png

We could have up to 25 build agents available.

Thanks!

Johan Soetens _Dumblefy_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2018

If you can't select your VPC from that form, it will probably try to create it in your default VPC. Try to recreate it in the relevant region or ask help from your sysadmins.

Good luck!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events