Unable to detect changes

Catherine Aldrich October 4, 2016

We occasionally get an "Unable to detect changes" error, but the build seems to work.  More specifically:

Unable to detect changes

(com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.hg.HgCommandException : command /usr/bin/hg id -i --debug -rev feature/[name of the build]

It seems to be caused by:

stderr: abort: HTTP Error 500: Internal Server Error stdout:using [our hg server] sending capabilities command sending lookup command

Has anyone experienced this and what is the cause/resolution

3 answers

0 votes
Catherine Aldrich October 5, 2016

It wouldn't let me ad another comment yesterday.

This has been happening for a long time (I don't remember exactly when), and I don't see anything in the logs that appear to be related.  The builds work.  My feeling is that maybe this is more of a network or timeout issue between the servers, since mercurial is on a different server than bamboo.  One of the developers keeps asking, so I thought I'd post it here to see if anyone had experienced this or knew of possible solutions.

0 votes
Jonas Andersson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 4, 2016

That was me, i withdrew the comment because i see that it's actually the hg binary that returns the error. My question was if it was a new buildserver where the hg binary was deployed and configured through the interface. If any other HG checkouts works at this point, this can't be the issue.

You don't happen to see anything else in the bamboo logs?

0 votes
Catherine Aldrich October 4, 2016

I received e-mail notification that someone replied to this, but it's not appearing.  In response to that hidden comment, yes it worked before and it continues to work.  Note the "occasionally" in the first sentence.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events