Trouble with Task "Artifact download"

M_S_ _billing account_ April 7, 2017

Hi everyone,

I'm new to Bamboo and in the process of setting up my first deployment process.

So far I was able to set up everything propably folloing the instructions from the website. However now I kinda got stuck.

I saw a couple of similar postings but none of the possible solutions seem to work.

My first Job has three tasks so far, a source code checkout (works fine), Maven 3.x (works fine) and an Artifact download. The last one is where I'm running into issues.

My build process runs smoothly with the message "BUILD SUCCESS". Afterwards I get a message "Unable to download artifact Shared artifact: Shared artifact: [Artifact], pattern: [**/*.war] anchored at: [path/to/target]".

In my task I configured Location as "path/to/target" and copy pattern as "**/*.war" (without the quotes).

I checked the folder and my .war file is present. Artifacts tab in the build report shows my .war file as well, downloading it works, too.

Any help or clue is appreciated!

Bamboo version is 5.15.3 running on Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS (GNU/Linux 4.4.0-71-generic x86_64)

2 answers

2 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Mike Friedrich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 7, 2017

The Artifact Download task cannot download artifacts from the same build. You need to configure Artifact Dependencies instead.

Artifact Dependencies are for sharing between stages, Artifact Download task is for accross plans.

Florian Strodtmann April 11, 2017

Hi,

thanks a lot for your for your answer, sorry somehow I was logged in with a wrong account last time.

Ok I guess there is some kind of a misunderstanding in my mind. I removed the Artifact Downloading task from my build plan and activated it in my Deployment project following Sharing artifacts from a build plan to a deployment environment in the Documentation.

When I run my plan seperately logs say the working directory is "/path/to/directory/xml-data/build-dir/job" and it builds my file into a subdirectory of that folder "/path/to/target/file.war". Everything works fine.

When I run my Deployment project, logs say my build working directory is "/path/to/directory/xml-data/build-dir/1474561-1605634". So I configured my shared artifacts location as "../job/path/to/target" while stil using the same Copy pattern "**/*.war".

The result I see in my logfile is "Unable to download artifact Shared artifact: [ARTIFACT], pattern: [**/*.war] anchored at: [../job/path/to/target]".

I feel kinda dumb, this has to be a basic mistake and I am not able to figure it out.

Thanks a lot again.

vishwas gautam October 23, 2017

Hi @Florian Strodtmann I am also stuck at the same step. I have my build plan generate artifacts( a tar file) at "/usr/bamboo/bamboo-agent-home/agt1/xml-data/build-dir/PLAN-PS-JOB1/artifact/abc.tar". The build is successful.
But during the deployment plan  I see in my logfile is "Unable to download artifact Shared artifact: [ARTIFACT], pattern: [**/abc.tar] anchored at: [artifact/]". I am guessing that my path while sahring the artifact is messed up. Can you help me ?

2 votes
Answer accepted
M_S_ _billing account_ April 12, 2017

Solved my problem, I just had a serious mix in my path definitions.

Thank you again!

stashluu June 29, 2017

this one said "Solved my problem". where can I find the fix description.

thank you.

Andy

Praveen Vemula January 15, 2018

I have the same problem @M_S_ _billing account_ what is the solution?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events