Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble using docker with bamboo running on windows

Rajinder Singh
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 30, 2016

I am trying to use bamboo with docker for the first time. My bamboo is running on windows. So I install docker machine. I am using Azure driver where a Ubuntu VM with docker is up and running.

It has been setup correctly. docker machine is started. I can use command line to run docker containers. I am configuring docker task to run a container. I see a warning that "no agent has this capability"

So I need to know how to tell bamboo that docker machine is configured and running and it should use that to run docker containers.

1 answer

0 votes
Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 30, 2016

You need to follow the steps outlined in Defining a new Docker capability that are appropriate for your agent configuration:

You need to define (that is, 'register') a Docker capability in Bamboo before you can use a Docker task in Bamboo builds and deployments.

It sounds like you plan to use your local agents, so likely section 'Define a Docker capability on the Bamboo server' applies to your scenario:

1. Click the  icon in the Bamboo header and choose  Overview.
  2. Click Server capabilities in the left navigation panel.
  3. Use the 'Add Capability' panel at the end of the page to add the new Docker capability to the server:

• From Capability type, choose Docker.

• For Path, enter the path to the Docker executable, for example /usr/bin/docker.

4. Click Add.
James Dunnivant
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 26, 2018

I know this is an old question but on a windows server what would the path be for docker? The only examples given are for unix based systems.

Like pablo javier likes this
Christopher_McCullough
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
February 28, 2019

I tried to stumble through forcing Bamboo to run docker containers. Could get through a number of roadblocks using fake tail command, issues trying to create a volume on other than c drive, but then hit where bamboo attempts to copy a configuration script over with the extension .sh and to the /tmp directory. So that's as far as I can get without some more code development on Atlassian end. Sniff.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events