Trouble cloning repository and submodules using ssh.

Chris June 7, 2013

I'm trying to clone a git repository and I get the following error message. I'm not sure what that message means. I have tried a number of things to try to fix it, but I was not successful.

(java.lang.RuntimeException : com.atlassian.bamboo.repository.RepositoryException: Cannot fetch branch '(unresolved) fa960aa' from 'ssh://git@{StashURL}/cm/cpa-mc-windows.git' to source directory 'C:\Bamboo\xml-data\build-dir\CMC-PDD-JOB1\cpa-mc-windows'. com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.git.GitCommandException: command C:\progra~2\Git\bin\git.exe ls-remote ssh://40fae8cf-0aae-4390-ac9e-b0b70ede372e@127.0.0.1:64977/cm/cpa-mc-windows.git failed with code 128. Working directory was [C:\Bamboo\xml-data\build-dir\CMC-PDD-JOB1\cpa-mc-windows]., stderr: [error: cannot spawn C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Temp\bamboo-ssh.41538fd5.bat: No such file or directory, fatal: unable to fork])

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sultan Maiyaki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 7, 2013

Hi Chris,

This issue most likely due to the fact that you have not defined an ssh excecutable to the environment variables OR there is space in the path. A test you could do to isolate if this is an issue with bamboo, is to try to clone the repository manually from a command line and see if it works

Regards,

Sultan

Chris June 10, 2013

Hi Sultan,

Thank you for your reply. That fixed part of the problem (The space in the path). I still had a similar issue but it was an a permissions issue with the temp folder for the agent.

Thanks,

Chris

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events