Trigger Conditions issue with Plan Keys

Hey guys,

I have setup a plan but only want it to run nightly if another plan was successful. In my case, I want the QA plan to run at midnight if the CI plan was last successful. When I edit the plan for QA and select the Source Repository tab, I see an option at the bottom of the page under Trigger Conditions.

Only run Build if other Plans are currently passing

I select the checekbox, and then it asks me to enter 1 or more Plan Keys. I entered the one I specified for my CI plan, and the plan key is "CI". I enter that and save it, but get a message

No plan with key CI exists in Bamboo

It exists. I verified it on the plan page, and I tried another one. It too does not work.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes

Hmm, UI for plan defintion is misleading here. Plan keys are always in a format PROJECT_KEY-PLAN_KEY[-JOB_KEY]. The last part is optional. You need to add the project key.

Thanks again for your help. That worked.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Renan Battaglin
Published May 18, 2017 in Bamboo

FAQ: How to Upgrade Bamboo Server

Bamboo 5.9 will no longer be supported after June 12, 2017. What does this mean? As part of our End of Life policy, Atlassian supports major versions for two years after the first major iteratio...

1,073 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot